We were married/gave birth overseas, now what?


Submit any official marriage or birth document in any languages. If your documents are irretrievable due to international borders, you may submit proof of marriage issued to you upon arrival in the US by the INS. Resources can be found at www.dsiverify.com and in the letters mailed to your home. Employees can also contact DSI for assistance with verifying eligible dependents.

All documents may be submitted for consideration even if they are not listed here: A printed Marriage newspaper announcement or anniversary announcement, a deed listing married status or spouse status, genealogy documentation, local census records, DNA and Blood test records, sworn and notarized affidavits, religious ceremony documentation, court documents, immigration document or record, and more. DSI will process the submission and send the updated status to the employee. In some cases an appeal will need to be filled out and included with the documentation.